Everything I’ve ever achieved for Enfield – from saving the North Mid A&E, securing new schools for Enfield, or making sure that Enfield was one of the first places in the country to introduce Safer Neighbourhoods Teams – has always been through working side-by-side with local people.
It is an honour to have been re-elected as the Member of Parliament for Enfield North, I will continue to be a campaigning MP for our area, working hard for our community and speaking up for the needs of people in Enfield.
I am committed to making Enfield an even better place. And these are my pledges to you of how I intend to make that happen:
- I will always fight to protect and improve our vital local health services. I’m campaigning for more than 80 extra GPs for Enfield by 2020.
- I will make sure we get the best deal possible from Brexit to protect jobs and trade. Whether you voted remain or leave I will be a strong voice in Parliament, arguing for the best for Enfield.
- I will campaign to cut crime, not our police. I will work hard to restore the number of Safer Neighbourhoods Teams to the levels that existed before the Conservatives removed them.
- I will fight hard to make sure young people in Enfield have the best opportunities in life. Supporting more investment in our schools and more apprenticeships, so that they can get a secure career and a foot on the housing ladder.
- I promise to carry on listening to and working for local people.
I am not going to pretend that achieving this will l be easy, but I will l never give in. I’m determined. I’m resilient. I don’t take no for an answer. Enfield is my home – and everything I have done is to try to improve the lives of local people.
With very best wishes,